Students are taking the Chapter 3 test this week. This exam assesses these 4th grade standards:
- Demonstrate fluency with multiplication and division facts.
- Use an understanding of place value to multiply a number by 10, 100 and 1000.
- Multiply multi-digit numbers.
- Estimate products and quotients of multi-digit whole numbers.
- Solve multi-step real-world and mathematical problems requiring the use of addition, subtraction and multiplication of multi-digit whole numbers.
- Divide multidigit whole numbers.
Students who do not satisfy the standards will have an opportunity to re-test later in the year, but we will be moving on to Chapter 4.
Chapter 4 focuses on graphs and data. Students will create, read, and interpret a variety of graphs.
- Students will use tables, bar graphs, timelines and Venn diagrams to display data sets.
This week students are reading When I Went to the Library, which is a humerous story is written in the form of an apology letter.
- Refer to details and examples in a text when answering questions about the story.
- Describe in depth a character, setting, or event in a story or drama, drawing on specific details in the text.
- Describe the overall structure of events in a story.
We will also be studying the long e vowel sound in spelling. Students will look at different ways to write the long e and examine those spelling patterns.
Study at Home
All students have their own user name. It is:
800.first name.last name @ ERASD
The password to get on the site is SI2012.